Eternal Nightflowers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Burnt Offerings - Page 3 Empty Re: Burnt Offerings

Post by Silanae Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:11 am

Yeah, let's try that again and pretend that never happened:
Silanae
Silanae

Back to top Go down

Post by Celissa Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:11 am

The member 'Silanae' has done the following action : Make Your Rolls!

'd20' : 14, 20, 19, 1, 11
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

https://eternalnightflowers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celissa Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 am

And then this happened!:
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silanae Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:43 am

Emanor, 10/10 HP, 14/14/10 AC, +4 initiative, 0/1 AF, spells: 2/2 level 1 & Talmah, 11/11 HP, 18/17/12 AC, +6 initiative. Active AF: tiger (+2 dex)

The first try - well, first new try - did not go well. At all. Paying another silver, she smirked and readied herself for another try. She knew she could do better than this, and she even had done better than this. Not even hitting the first one… pathetic. Shaking her head, she used her annoyance in much the same way she had used it when the villagers had doubted she could do something because she wasn’t one of the boys. It hadn’t helped that she had been slower growing up than the rest, with different interests, and that her birth father had later confirmed these believes by explaining how slowly his kind tended to mature. She wasn’t like him, but that hadn’t made her less than him. Just different. Always different.

The first disk was hit with ease, the second splintered in a very satisfying way, but she didn’t allow that to distract her from effortlessly hitting the third disk. But as she readied her bow for the fourth shot, she noticed something small jumping on top of a nearby roof and nearly shot herself in her surprise. Realising with some embarassement it had just been Talmah being bored and exploring higher grounds, she chuckled and knew she had gotten off lucky. Such a foolish mistake could have been worse.

Walking back for her price - and not for one moment considering trying for a better score - she happily collected three healing potions. Those were always useful and it was the same thing her two new companions had. “Last part was a bit embarrassing, but at least we now all have potions.” Grinning at them, she tucked her bow and potions away and gathered up her armour. “So, where do you two want to go to next? Riddles or the race? I don’t know which one is closer from here, if that makes a different. Race sounds more amusing to me, but that’s mostly because I’m not that good at riddles. Race also sounds like it might take more time, if that’s a part of the debate.” Personally, she was just glad she had managed to win a price with the archery competition, even if it had taken more attempts than she would have liked.
Silanae
Silanae

Back to top Go down

Post by Celissa Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:38 am

Kaessi 13/13 hp, 15/11/14 AC, +4 Init, 4/4 AP, 2/2 Level 1 spells, detect magic kept active.

Watching as Emanor smoothly shot the first disk, then shattered the second and again neatly hit the third, Kaessi cheered, still bouncing on her toes like a small child. The fourth shot was a definite miss—the half-elf looked like she’d nearly dropped her bow or something! It seemed all three of this little group were pretty good shots, but none of them were excellent. That was okay. Besides, healing potions never hurt anything. Exactly the opposite, in fact!

“Emanor, yay for you!” Kaessi said, grinning broadly and not even remembering to try to hide her sharp fangs. “What happened though? It looked like you were trying to shoot a snake slithering between your feet or something! Although I really don’t think a snake would be in the middle of town with all these people around,” she added thoughtfully.

All of a sudden, she felt a sharp tug on her tail, and spun around only to spot a tiny girl hugging the tail tip to her chest, looking ever so proud of herself for catching it. Kaessi scooped the toddler off the ground, swung her up high so the child could “fly” for a moment, then lowered the little girl back to her hip. The little one was laughing happily, although the woman Kaessi assumed must be her mother looked a bit terrified. She carried the child back to her mother, smiling with her mouth closed to hide the fangs now. “She’s a beautiful child,” the tiefling said, giving the girl back to her mother, “and apparently very good at hunting! Who knows, maybe she will grow up to be a fine huntress someday!”

Once again without an extra attachment to her tail, Kaessi skipped back over to where the other two girls stood. “So,” she began. “Where are we going next? It’s probably not too long until the lunch will start. Not sure when that is though. I’m not great about guessing time from the sun, but the sun doesn’t look all that far from straight overhead. So much to do! And I need to find a nice souvenir at some point too.” She nodded quickly, her tail dancing around her legs as she bounced. Why would anyone ever need to just stay still anyway?
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silanae Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

Emanor, 10/10 HP, 14/14/10 AC, +4 initiative, 0/1 AF, spells: 2/2 level 1 & Talmah, 11/11 HP, 18/17/12 AC, +6 initiative. Active AF: tiger (+2 dex)

“Talmah happened,” she muttered with a bit of an embarrassed smirk. Not that this cleared her of blame; she would have received quite a scolding from father if he’d seen it happen. Her smirk quickly turned into a grin when she noticed the child capturing Kaessi’s tail. She had never felt the desire to have children of her own - at least not with any of the villagers she’d known - but this one looked cute. Of course, children looked drastically less cute when they were wailing or screeching.

“No more games for me today,” Valael said with a light shake of her head. “It is almost time for me to return and help with the work that needs to be done. If you happen to see my septmates at the other games, could you help remind them of the time? The others might also like a chance to explore the festival, so it’s only fair that we devide the chores.”

“Sure,” Emanor agreed with an easy smile. “It was fun to have you around while you could and I’m glad you got to win at some of these games. Maybe we’ll see each other again later today, or another day for that matter. I don’t think I’ll be leaving this place for a few days, at least.” Unless the village not only wasn’t interested in listening, but would actively chase her away. And even then there was plenty of space outside of it where she could wander and camp until she felt more reassured that this place was safe… or at least not in a more dire need than someplace else that she could reach in time.

After the departure and accompanying best wishes, she glanced towards Kaessi. “You said you need a pair for the race thing, right? Well, looks like we are a pair. Shall we try that first and then maybe drop by on the riddles on our way to the free lunch? Or do you have some place else you need to be? I heard some mentions about armour at the gauntlet, can you just go pick that up whenever you want or do you need to go there before they forget who you are? Not that they would quickly forget you, I don’t think.” Grinning, she shifted the armour a bit so she could easier carry it. Her clothes were drying quickly, which was nice, so hopefully she would soon be able to put it back on without being uncomfortable. If nothing else, that would make it easier to wander around without her hands full.
Silanae
Silanae

Back to top Go down

Post by Celissa Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 am

Kaessi 13/13 hp, 15/11/14 AC, +4 Init, 4/4 AP, 2/2 Level 1 spells, detect magic kept active.

“Talmah. So that’s her name, your friend?” Kaessi glanced toward the spotted cat. “I like it.” She wasn’t entirely certain why a person would want to keep a knee-high cat following them around all the time, but hey, if it made them happy… She would just keep an eye on the animal. It was a pretty thing, for certain.

Valael spoke up about needing to do some work, and no more time for games. What was the point of a festival if you were just going to work? Games were much more fun. “It was good to meet you, Valael!” she called as the aasimar departed. “Ah well. It was fun having people around to talk to.” She listened as Emanor continued to talk about the various games, and realized that the half-elf wasn’t going to leave as well.

A smile lit up Kaessi’s face. “You mean you’re not leaving too? That’s wonderful!” She started bouncing up and down on her toes again, grinning. “I figured you’d be tired of me too. Let’s face it, I’m not exactly good with people. Never have been, really.” She shrugged, and thought for a moment. “I think it’s probably getting pretty close to noon,” she said. “Riddles would probably be faster than the wagon races. Might be better to go there before lunch, if there’s time. And yes, I will need to go by the armory and get measured and fitted and all of that. For some reason, most shops don’t carry armor that’s sized right for me. Go figure. I’m too short and too busty to fit most ready-made sets of armor. The last time I tried on a pre-made chain shirt, it was long enough to be a dress on me, and the sleeves went about five inches past the tips of my fingers. It was more than a bit ridiculous. I’ll probably stop by there after lunch to get all the measuring taken care of, and then I’d be more than happy to go on to whatever games you might want to try! It’s very good to have company.” She grinned again. This was almost like having a friend might be, wasn’t it? She wasn’t sure, but nevertheless, it was a good feeling. She could get used to this sort of thing.
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silanae Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 pm

“Riddles, lunch, armoury and then more games it is.” She offered Kaessi a quick grin and then continued with a bit of a shrug. “You haven’t gotten on my nerves, I don’t know anyone else around here and the festival is more fun with company. So why not stick together for the time being? Besides, I owe you an ale for th gauntlet and I still want to see where that one alley is that you mentioned. That sounds like useful knowledge to have around here.”

Looking around for a moment, she nodded a bit to herself. “Relatively sure we need to be going in that direction for the riddles thingie, but if I’m horridly wrong do let me know. You’ve been around here longer so you know the quickest paths probably. I did look around when I first arrived here, but that’s not the same as wandering around a place like this for a few days. Quite a bit bigger than where I grew up, but that makes sense. A festival like this wouldn’t have been held back home, although we did have games and competitions now and then of course. How about you? Did you grow up in a city, village, or something else?”
Silanae
Silanae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum