Eternal Nightflowers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krystiel Cernan

Go down

Krystiel Cernan Empty Krystiel Cernan

Post by Celissa Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Krystiel Cernan Femaas11

Name:  Krystiel Cernan
Race:  Aasimar
Height: 5 ft, 10 in
Weight:  130 lbs
Eye Color:  Pale silvery blue
Hair Color:  Metallic mix of silver and gold strands
Languages:  Common, Celestial, Abyssal, Draconic
Class:  Time Oracle/Crossblooded Sorceress (Arcane/Sylvan)
Alignment:  Neutral Good

Stats:
Ability Scores:
Strength:  10  (0 Modifier)
Dexterity:  12 (+1 Modifier)
Constitution:  14  (+2 Modifier)
Intelligence:  13 (+1 Modifier)
Wisdom:  16 (+3 Modifier)
Charisma:  18 (+4 Modifier)

Defense:
AC:  11 Total/11 Touch/10 Flatfooted
HP: 10
Fortitude Save:  +2
Reflex Save:  +1
Will Save:  +5

Offense:
Initiative:  +5 (+1 Dex, +4 familiar)
BAB:  0
Melee Attack Bonus:  +0
Ranged Attack Bonus:  +1
CMB:  0
CMD:  11

Weapon Attacks:
Light Crossbow:  1d8/19-20 x2/Piercing, ranged.
Dagger (5):  1d4/19-20 x2/Piercing as ranged, Slashing as melee.
Glaive:  1d10/x3/Slashing, melee (reach weapon).

Skills:
Trained
Craft (Jewelry): 5 (+1 Int, 1 rank, +3 class skill)
Diplomacy: 10 (+4 Cha, +1 rank, +3 class skill, +2 racial bonus)
Heal:  7 (+3 Wis, +1 rank, +3 class skill)
Knowledge (Planes):  8 (+1 Int, +1 rank, +3 class skill, +3 trait bonus)
Perception:  9 (+3 Wis, +1 rank, +3 class skill, +2 from somewhere)
Sense Motive:  7 (+3 Wis, +1 rank, +3 class skill)
Spellcraft:  5 (+1 Int, +1 rank, +3 class skill)

Untrained/Usable
Acrobatics:  1 (+ 1 Dex)
Appraise:  1 (+ 1 Int)
Bluff:  4 (+4 Cha)
Disguise:  4 (+4 Cha)
Escape Artist:  1 (+1 Dex)
Fly:  1 (+1 Dex)
Ride:  1 (+1 Dex)
Stealth:  1 (+1 Dex)
Survival:  3 (+3 Wis)

Traits
Riftwarden Orphan:  +2 on Concentration checks.
Planar Savant:  Use Charisma modifier instead of Intelligence for Knowledge (Planes) checks, and always a class skill.

Feats
Boon Companion:  Abilities of Animal Companion or Familiar are calculated as though your class were four levels higher.  Applies only to K’seri, her companion snow leopard.  Sorry Rhalgar.

Last edited by Celissa on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

https://eternalnightflowers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Krystiel Cernan Empty Re: Krystiel Cernan

Post by Celissa Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Class Features
Right then. Krys has a ton of class stuff, so I might as well get started.

Spells
Yes. She has divine spells. She knows four 0 level cantrips and three level 1 spells.

Revelations
[color=#9957c7]Knowledge of the Ages/color (Su): You can search through time to recall some bit of forgotten lore or information. You can retry any Knowledge skill check you have made within the past minute, gaining an insight bonus on the check equal to your Charisma modifier. You can use this ability a number times per day equal to your Charisma modifier.

Curse
In times of stress and unease, she speaks only in the Abyssal language. Wheeee!

[color=#9957c7]Arcane Bond (Su): [color=#00FFFF]At 1st level, you gain an arcane bond, as a wizard equal to your sorcerer level. Your sorcerer levels stack with any wizard levels you possess when determining the powers of your familiar or bonded object. Once per day, your bonded item allows you to cast any one of your spells known (unlike a wizard’s bonded item, which allows him to cast any one spell in his spellbook). This ability does not allow you to have both a familiar and a bonded item.
Rhalgar, a tiny compsognathus, is Krystiel’s familiar.
[color=#9957c7]Animal Companion (Ex): [color=#00FFFF]At 1st level, you gain an animal companion. Your effective druid level for this ability is equal to your sorcerer level – 3 (minimum 1st). This decrease in companion level is rectified by Krystiel’s feat, Boon Companion.

A sorcerer gains Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at 1st level.

Spells
Yep, she has arcane spells too. She knows four level 0 cantrips and [color=#9957c7]two[color=#00FFFF] level 1 spells./color

Spells
Level 0
Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
Enhanced Diplomacy: Touched creature gains +2 on Diplomacy or Intimidate check.
Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cubic foot per level of food or water.
Resistance: Touched creature gains +1 on saving throws.
Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
Detect Fiendish Presence: This spell functions like detect evil, except that it detects only outsiders with the evil subtype, as well as the lingering effects caused by their gifts, presence, and spells. It can also detect clerics and paladins of fiendish deities, including Asmodeus, archdevils, daemonic harbingers, and demon lords.
Ray of Frost: Deals 1d3 cold damage.

Level 1
Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 hitpoints +1 per oracle level.
Protection from Evil: +2 to AC and saves, plus additional protection against selected alignment.
Tap Inner Beauty: You gain a +2 insight bonus on all Charisma ability checks and Charisma-based skill checks.
Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
Magic Missile: 1d4 +1 damage, +1 missile per two levels above level 1.
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celissa Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:15 am

Personality
Krystiel can be a bit intimidating at times, at least, to hear some of her would-be suitors say.  Contrarily, she is generally a friendly and empathic young woman, unless she’s around some hopeless man trying to court her, that is.  She is a good listener, and often knows how to help those who talk to her feel more comfortable.  For such a seemingly open person, however, Krystiel has very few true friends.  There are quite a few people who would call her friend, but her doing likewise is very rare.  She is devoted to the Eternal Rose, the Lady of Art, Love and Beauty.  She enjoys serving as a model for priests and paladins in Shelyn’s church,  and though she claims to have no true artistic gift of her own, she does make beautiful pieces of jewelry.      

Background
I’ve always known that my parents were dead.  I can only remember the faintest hints of their presence:  a lovely ripple of my elven mother’s laugh, the golden shininess that was my father.  I can remember him swinging me up high in the air, and I remember batting at his halo, laughing and smiling.  There were always laughter and smiles in my first home.  

Until it was gone.

I was very young when the news came that my parents were dead.  Both of them, I later discovered, had been Riftwardens, part of a loose collection of planar travelers who guard the stability and integrity of the multiverse.   They had undertaken a great mission, my foster parents told me after they figured out that I was not going to stop asking.  They’d fought a powerful Blackfire Adept, though no one was ever willing to tell me exactly what a Blackfire Adept was.  That question, no matter of whom I asked it, was something from which my attention was constantly shuffled away.

There was never any doubt that I was born with magic flowing in my veins.  I was all of seven the first time I teased my foster mother with a whisper of prestidigitation.  It took a little while before she discovered where all of the little tricks were coming from, but when she finally figured out that it was little old innocent me, she immediately sent me off to the Riftwardens for training.  They, in turn, trained me enough that I’d not hurt anyone, or myself, I suppose, with my magic.  It seems they, too, got a bit tired of my little tricks.  Even scholars made excellent targets for prestidigitation, and I might have shot a few rays of frost at people if they annoyed me too much.  I was severely scolded for that one, and eventually, I outgrew the urge to freeze irksome things.  There wasn’t much for their wizards to teach me.  They decided I was a sorceress, and would have to learn most of my art alone, as there were no sorcerers in Kenabres at the time.  My father had been the last of those.  

The Riftwardens eventually sent me off on a tour of the city’s temples when one of my would-be teachers found me cuddling Rhalgar, my little familiar, who had scratched one of his hind legs rather badly.  Through my tears over my wee friend’s agony, I cast a healing spell on him.  That was plenty to get the Riftwardens to agree that perhaps one of the temples could teach me a little more about myself.  I won’t say the Riftwardens were all that anxious to get rid of me…but I suppose that they were.  I was eleven when I found my way to the Temple of the Eternal Rose.  Almost as soon as I saw the place, I knew I had found my new home.  I bid my goodbyes to my foster family, promising regular visits, a thing that lasted for almost four years.  Shelyn’s followers told me that I was an oracle, and that, again, my spells would come through my connection with something that wasn’t simple, normal magic.  

They proved to do better at focusing my capacity for both divine and arcane spells, showing me how to keep the powers quiet, how to call them forth only when I specifically wanted to do so.  For some reason, Shelyn’s followers never did irk me enough to have even the faintest desire to give them a taste of my ray of frost.  Though my powers, strangely enough, were not from merely one source, my soul found its home in the Temple of the Eternal Rose.  It was almost like being home again, at least in some ways.  

There was one acolyte in the temple, Lilja, in whom I found my first close friend.  She, like myself, was an oracle.  We could talk for hours on end about the manipulation of the small magics, and she who taught me how to make food and water clean after I cast a spell calling for what was supposed to be pure water.  I still don’t know what mistake I made in the casting, but what came out looked like mud and smelled like…well, it smelled like something neither of us had any desire to go on smelling.  She parceled out the bits of rancid water, and showed me a few times how to cleanse it for drinking.  It didn’t take me too long to figure it out.  I never summoned anything other than sweet, pure water after that.  

Besides art and beauty, Shelyn is the goddess of love.  I’m quite sure I fell in love with Lilja as we grew together, our fast friendship, on my side at least, turning to hopeless love.  I never mentioned it, though I’m fairly sure that she had to have noticed it.  I couldn’t always hide the telltale flush in my cheek when she would touch my hand, or my face.  

When I was twenty and Lilja twenty-eight, she left to join the Pathfinder Society in Nerosyan, the capital of our nation.  We wrote letters back and forth for about fourteen months, but that ended when the Society sent me a letter to tell me that my Lilja had fallen to rogue whose poisoned blade struck her hard enough to make her slip away into the long night.  I mourned her quietly for a year and a day.  It was obvious that she would never come back to me; in fact, I’m fairly certain that she never would have anyway.  Lilja herself, you see, had married the man who recruited her into the Pathfinder Society not long after her arrival in Nerosyan.  

I went back to my duties, such as they were, in Shelyn’s temple.  I counseled couples and lonely bachelors on finding love and beauty in everything.  There is nothing that holds no beauty whatsoever—that pile of horse dung over there provides excellent fertilizer for a flower to grow in this spring or the next.  A lot of the bachelors seem to develop rather too much of an affinity for me.  There are times—granted, few times—that I almost wish I’d been born a little less…memorable in appearance.  But I am who I am, and I know that many people have found my beauty inspiring in one way or another.  There’s this one artist in the temple of late who seems to have taken me for her most frequent model.  I can’t say I mind.  

It is a simple life I lead now, a life steeped in beauty and magic.  Magic, too, is beautiful, of course.  The elegant designs a spell will weave as I cast it is a glorious thing, betimes, and I have seen those around the temple, or occasionally the Riftwarden’s wizards, casting things that surpass the loveliness of my own small spells in an absolutely gorgeous manner.  Life is as it is, I suppose.  Sometimes, however, I dream of something more.  What is it of which I dream?  

I wish I knew.

Description
Krystiel Cernan has always been noted as a pretty girl, and as she’s grown up, her beauty has grown with her.  Part of it, no doubt, is a gift of her aasimar heritage.  The waves of white gold hair that tumble to the middle of her back are very literally metallic in their shine and high gloss.  There are hints of silver in her pale skin, and her eyes shine a silvery-blue tone that also appears metallic in origin.  Not all of her loveliness is due to her racial heritage.  Her tall, slender figure is quite popular with her would-be suitors, as are what some would call perfectly sculpted facial features.  Too, she has learned the beauty of lithe grace and elegant poise during her time amid Shelyn’s faithful.  Her style of movement is not quite a dance, but seems posed on the edge of beginning one.  All in all, Krystiel knows all too well how to draw attention to herself.  Fortunately, she also knows how to avoid that attention—somewhat, at least.  There is one special feature that  has always been hidden, even—perhaps especially—from the hordes of would-be suitors that seem determined to bother her.  On the outside of her right thigh, a bit below her hips, is a downward pointing triangle of intertwining spirals.  The mark itself looks like nothing more than a highly polished design of pure silver planted into her skin, while the blue gems accentuating the spirals shimmer like bits of sapphire. The birthmark--for indeed it has been on her thigh since birth--is called the Sign of the Seekers' Spiral. She has learned that it represents a link to the Riftwardens, as it is apparently a mark that infrequently appears on the children of Riftwardens who have been exposed to particularly strange planar energies.

Last edited by Celissa on Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hav)
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celissa Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:37 am

Current Equipment
A black robe highlighted with silver hued thread that fits her perfectly and accentuates her form.  (Yes, I had to write that.)
A fine leather belt with hidden pouch.
Five daggers secreted in various places.
A tall, intricately worked glaive that bears the symbol of Shelyn.
A belt pouch, not hidden, that contains a day’s rations.
A waterskin, usually empty, hangs from her belt.
A healer’s kit, full of antidotes, herbs and oils to make field dressing wounds easier.
A scrivener’s kit tied behind the grooming kit on the other side of her belt.
A warm cloak that swirls nicely and does manage to keep her warm, at least a little.

K’seri is fortunate enough to be carrying Krystiel’s favorite fur blanked strapped to her back.  Mind you, K’seri doesn’t find this all that interesting, but oh well.  A girl needs a soft spot to sit down once in a while, of course.

Not Currently Equipped
Backpack with bedroll, flint and steel, pot, mess kit, soap, torches, candles and trail rations (5 days).  
Light crossbow with 50 bolts.  These things are tucked away in her small suite of rooms adjacent to Shelyn’s temple.

Funds
118 gold, 25 silver, 200 copper — This amount is carried on her person, in a pouch inside her belt.

Current Spells
As an oracle and sorceress, all of Krystiel’s known spells are considered prepared.

Level 0
She has unlimited access to all the cantrips and orisons she knows.

Level 1
She may cast 4 divine spells and 4 arcane spells per rest.
Celissa
Celissa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum